If your cats are the typical felines that often prefer the packing to the toy you bought them, something made of cardboard might just be what they really want. If you also want to get them a place to scratch that is not just a standard pole you are already moving in the direction of this PetFusion product.
In this review we will take a look at a unique cardboard cat scratcher and lounge that is made with your cat in mind. We will tell you more about the PetFusion cat lounge has to offer.
As well as what is good about it and what is not so good about it. Hopefully, it will give you the information you need to consult with your cats and decide if this cardboard lounge will please them.
The PetFusion cat lounge is a unique piece of cat furniture. It is a lounge and a scratcher in one. It is beautifully designed and made of recycled corrugated cardboard.
The cardboard includes organic catnip from the United States for a little extra cat-centered design. It comes in natural cardboard colors and the curves are designed to fit your cat’s most comfortable positions.
It lasts longer than other cat scratchers and the shape is designed for easy scratching. It is also made with non-toxic cat friendly corn starch glue. It even comes with a 6 month warranty.
This is an award winning product that is good for your cat and the health of our environment. But let’s see how other cat owners and cats responded.
- This is a multifunctional cat scratcher and lounge
- It is made with cardboard that includes USA organic catnip leaf
- The cardboard is recycled
- It is made with corn starch glue that is non-toxic
- It is a simple design with natural colors
- The curves are designed to make it easier for cats to scratch or lie down
- It lasts longer than other types of cat scratchers
- It is award winning (The 2015 Eco-Excellence award)
- It comes with a 6 month warranty
- Weight:10.1 pounds (4.58kg)
- Dimensions: 34 x 10.5 x 10.5 in (86.36 x 26.67 x 26.67 cm)
- It is loved by cats (most of them at least)
- It has a tight solid construction
- You can hang them up as shelves
- It is really worth the money
- It will keep your cat from scratching your furniture (depending on your cat)
- It has a sleek modern design
- The cardboard creates excellent resistance for scratching
- You can easily add catnip mist to encourage your cats to use it
- It is durable even though it will show signs of scratching
- It is made to be eco friendly
- Kittens enjoy lying inside the curves on the edge
- This cat scratcher is not very cheap
- It can attract a lot of cat hair
- It would be better if the scratching surface was made of sisal not cardboard
- It will start to look bad quickly and show the scratches clearly
- It will depend on your cat if it is worth your money (and we all know how cats are)
- It is quite large and takes up a lot of floor space
How does this lounge perform?
This is the type of scratcher that your cats will fight over. It has a deceptively simple design, but it provides a perfect ergonomic lounger for your cat. It is sleek and modern and looks a lot better than any other cat furniture.
It is solid with a tight cardboard construction and it is more durable than most cardboard products. Not only is it made from non-toxic glue and cardboard, but it is an award winning product that is made from recycled materials.
This cat lounger looks very basic but has a few additional tricks. You can hang this lounger as a shelf to give your cat a nice ledge to view the world from and save some floor space in the process.
The cardboard is a good surface for scratching and you can easily add some more catnip to it. Your furniture will thank you.
Unfortunately this cat lounge is not cheap. (Why does designer furniture always have to fight with your wallet?) It is also really attracted to cat hair and will soon be covered.
Those of you who have Persian cats or long haired Siberians, might be especially at risk for a hairy lounger. Although it is a good scratching surface, the cardboard does not hold up well to continuous clawing and starts to look bad quickly.
This might not be a problem if you are happy to trade a scratched cardboard lounger for a scratched sofa. It is also a large lounger, so you will need to have a bit of space available for it if you want to have it on the floor.
Who said cat furniture can’t look great, even sculptural? This cat lounger by PetFusion is really a winner when it comes to the shape and design. It is eco-friendly which is a great additional positive feature.
We would recommend this product just on those two points, but of course there is more to it than that.
The PetFusion lounger offers a good scratching surface that will save your furniture from abuse. Many of the cats we consulted liked to lounge on it as well (two kittens can comfortably share it).
It has a large surface area for a cat to stretch out on, but the selling point is that they really like to scratch and claw on this. Keep in mind that cardboard is not as durable as sisal, but this product is well designed and sturdy.
If you don’t mind that it will show signs of wear and tear then it will be a good choice for your cat, your furniture and your wallet. If you are willing to pay a bit more for a good looking, environmentally friendly cat scratcher (that doubles up as a lounger) then you can’t go wrong with this clever cardboard product.