A cat has the natural inclination to explore interesting spaces, sleep in a comfortable place and curl up where they feel safe. A cat bed that offers a little more than just comfort is a great idea and this is what you get with this cat cube by Midwest homes for pets.
In this review we will also play the curious cat and take a look at this cube. We will let you know what is good and bad about it and give you our verdict.
Are looking for a compact little space for your cat to feel safe in? Well, this review should give you the information you need to decide if the cube will do the trick.
This Midwest homes for pets cube, is a nice little hiding place for a cat who enjoys privacy and a comfortable place to lounge and sleep. This cube is easy to assemble and can easily be taken apart and collapsed to store flat.
This cube provides a hideout but also has a comfortable cushioned top where your cat can comfortably lie. The bed topper also has stuffed bolsters and the interior has synthetic sheepskin bedding for warmth and comfort.
The cube has a few cut outs and there are also two suspended balls that jingle when your cat interacts with it.
It is designed as a cat retreat, but a small dog will also enjoy the enclosed space. This Midwest home for your cat is covered in faux suede in neutral brown.
Now that we have looked at the features we can move on to the good and not so good points. We will also give you our verdict (and that of a few cats we talked to).
- This cat home has a strong and sturdy construction
- It can be collapsed to store flat
- It comes with two suspended balls that jingle when moved
- It provides a hideout
- It has a comfortable cushioned top
- The bed topper has stuffed bolsters
- Interior has synthetic sheepskin bedding
- There are cut outs for play
- It has a large entry of 10 x 8 inches (25.4 x 20.32 cm)
- It can work as a retreat for cats but also for small dogs
- It is covered with faux suede or fleece in a neutral brown color
- Instructions are included for assembly
- It is made in the USA
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 15.5 x 16.5 in (39.37 x 39.37 x 41.9cm ) when assembled
- Weight: 7.9 pounds (3.58 kg)
- This cat cube is extremely easy to assemble
- It is sturdy and will carry the weight of a large cat (or a big boned cat) very well
- It has enough weight to keep it from tipping over
- The top bed is large enough for a cat to curl up and sleep comfortably
- It is well designed and looks good
- The little balls in the openings hold up well to cat abuse
- It is very reasonably priced
- It is also approved by bunnies
- It is compact
- Cats can get their claws stuck in the bells of the added toys
- It is quite small, check the dimensions carefully if you think your cat might need a bit more space
- The outside ball is difficult to attach
- It can have a chemical smell
- Some curious cats can get stuck in the side holes and it can be tricky to get them out
- It is difficult to clean
A good home for your cat?
Will this cube make a good home for your cat? Let’s weigh up the pros and cons. First, the good news. It is probably the most easy to assemble cat cube you will find.
You barely even need the instructions to quickly put this brown box together. It is also really reasonably priced because it is not just a bed, it also has a few added toys for your cat to enjoy.
The brown faux suede looks good and is a welcome change from the normal beige colors of cat furniture. It is a nice compact little item that won’t take up a lot of space in your home.
It is sturdy and will support a cat who likes to sleep all day long. The balls in the openings is great for kittens and even grumpy older cats seem to like it. It is also a nice little space for bunnies.
The bad news is that the cube might be a bit too compact if you have cats that like to have more space. The outside ball can be difficult to attach and it is almost easier just to leave it off.
Unfortunately the bells on the balls can trap cat claws so it will be best to remove them. It can also have a bit of a chemical smell that can put off your cats from using it. This cube is also not very easy to clean, but you can take it apart very easily.
The side holes are great for playing but some overly curious cats can get themselves stuck and you will need to cut the holes larger to get them out. This can be a bit of a concern.
The cats we consulted acted as typical cats. Some really like this cube and claim it as their own the moment it is out of the box.
Others seem to think it only a bed and pay little attention to anything else. While some others, as you would expect enjoyed the packing the most.
The Midwest curious cat cube is a clever concept for a multifunctional cat bed. It is very easy to assemble and won’t take over a room like a cat tree will. Most cats seem to really enjoy the cave idea as well as the couch on top.
The toys are quite durable and are a nice extra. We recommend this cube if you have a cat that likes to lounge and curl up privately.
It will also be a good kitten home. If you don’t mind making a few adjustments, like removing bells this is a great, compact choice for a reasonable price. We hope your cat will enjoy it.