The best cat carrier: let your pet travel in style
When you need to travel with your cat there are quite a few things you need to keep them calm and happy on the road. A good travel carrier will keep your cat calm and safe and give you peace of mind.
We have looked at three different cat carriers and consulted with our feline friends to give you the pros and cons of these carriers. So let’s take a look at what is on offer and how these carriers compare.
TheNecoichi portable cat cage stress free trip:
First, we have the Neciochi portable cat cage. It is a fully collapsible cat cage that can fit on the backseat of your car. It easily pops open and can be stored compactly.
It comes with roll-up mesh panels and is large enough for two cats. It also has a soft fleece mat inside so your cat can travel comfortably. But let’s see how the pros and cons compare as well.
- It is a fully collapsible cat cage
- It easily pops open
- It is multifunctional and can be used during travel, or as a hiding place for cats
- It has large roll-up mesh panels
- There are zipper locks to prevent your cat from escaping
- It is large enough for two cats
- It has a double sided fleece mat
- It comes with a storage bag
- Dimensions: 14 x 14 x 4.5 inches (35.56 x 35.56 x 11.43cm)
- Weight: 2.5 pounds (1.13 kg)
- It works well for car trips
- It has straps to keep it secure in your car while you drive
- It works well as a cat condo or room
- The cat cage is made with thick material
- It is large and very spacious
- You can add a portable litter box inside
- It is easy to clean
- It folds up very compact and stores easily
- It doesn’t really work as a carrier
- It does not have a very secure base
- It can also be used as a carrier for very short distances
- It does not have handles for easy carrying
- Clever cats easily figure out how to open the zippers
The Petyella expandable pet carrier for small dogs and cats
Our next contender is the Petyella expandable cat carrier. It is a multifunctional pet carrier that can be zipped open to expand. It comes with integrated handles and a reinforced frame.
It is lightweight and can fold flat for easy storage. It also comes with a collapsible travel bowl. The fleece insert can be removed and easily washed. But how does it perform?
- It is a multifunctional carrier
- It has expanding sides
- It has shoulder straps for easy carrying
- It has integrated handles
- It has a reinforced steel frame
- It has a lightweight design
- It folds flat for easy storage
- The fleece insert can be removed and can be washed in the machine
- It includes a collapsible bowl
- It can handle pets up to 14 pounds (6.35 kg)
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 11 inches (45.72 x 45.72 x27.94 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 pounds (1.27kg)
- It is a stylish neutral color
- It is lightweight
- It is a good carrier for vet visits or other short trips
- It has a large number of openings
- The inside is very soft and comfortable
- It can double up as a sleeping corner
- The zippers are tight and difficult to use
- The shoulder strap can break easily
- It is quite flimsy and the top can collapse
- When the sides are expanded it loses its structure completely
This carrier is soft and has a clever concept behind it, but it will only really work for very short trips for a small cat. It is not a very structurally secure carrier and will collapse easily when the side panels are expanded.
It is soft and comfortable but if you have a tough large cat, this carrier will not fit the bill. On the other hand, if you have a small kitten that needs to go to the vet, this carrier will do the job.
PetLuv soothing Happy Cat premium soft sided cat carrier and travel crate
Our final carrier is the PetLuv Happy Cat carrier. It is a soft sided carrier with a removable plush pillow inside. It is made from soft and supple nylon canvas and is fully collapsible so you can easily store it.
It has mesh doors on all the sides including the top. It comes in a nice navy blue color and is large enough for big cats. But how did it perform when we introduced it to our cat consultants?
- It is a premium soft sided cat carrier
- It is a good size for medium or large cats
- It is fully collapsible for easy storage
- It is made from a soft and supple material
- It has carry straps and a handle with a padded grip
- It includes a soft sleep pillow
- It has ventilated mesh doors on all sides
- It has panel that opens on the top
- It is made from hypoallergenic PVC material
- It comes in Navy Blue
- Dimensions: 22 x 15 x 15 inches ( )
- Weight: 7 pounds ( )
- It is easy to keep clean
- The cushion removable and washable
- The cushion is very soft
- It gives your cat a good view through the mesh screens
- It can double up as a sleeping area
- It really helps to keep your cat calm on long trips
- It has a good sturdy frame
- The canvas holds up well to clawing
- It is a bit expensive
- It does not have seatbelt loops
- The bottom sags when it is lifted
This carrier is well made and sturdy and the top panel makes it a convenient carrier for vet visits. It is on the expensive side and does not have loops to easily secure it in your car. But it performs very well in all other areas.
The Final Verdict
All three these cat carriers offer different features that make them stand out, but we really like thePetLuv carrier.
When your cat has the tendency to find its inner demon in the vicinity of a plastic carrier, a soft carrier is a real lifesaver. In this case we think the PetLuv carrier wins the race and we really recommend it for your next trip with your cat.